The Caprese salad is a typical salad of Campana cuisine, the summer recipe par excellence: Tomatoes and Mozzarella sliced, dressed with extra virgin olive oil, black olives, basil and oregano. A classic of the Mediterranean diet.
Perfect to serve as a fresh appetizer, but also as a main course, perhaps accompanied by slices of homemade bread, croutons or “freselle”. You can also prepare the Caprese salad as a side dish to accompany barbecues and summer dishes of any kind or as a finger food if made in single portions.
Prep Time: 5 min
Cook Time: 0 min
otal Time: 5 min
- 10 tomatoes
- 200 grams of buffalo mozzarella or fresh (or bocconcini) and high quality fior di latte
- fresh basil
- 1 teaspoon of dried oregano
- high quality extra virgin olive oil
- pepper (optional)
- Wash and dry the tomatoes perfectly.
- Cut the tomatoes and the mozzarella of the same thickness, 6 – 7 mm with a knife.
- Alternate in the dish: a slice of tomato, a slice of mozzarella, every 2 – 3 pieces, a few leaves of basil.
- Sprinkle with a pinch of dried oregano. If you like a sprinkle of pepper and black olives from Gaeta. Finally add the raw oil.
- Your Caprese Salad is ready to be served!
Enjoy your meal!