Prep Time: 5 min
Cook Time: 15 min
Total Time: 20 min
- 300 gr – spaghetti
- 100 gr – sliced smoked pancetta (the traditional recipe requires bacon but goes well with pancetta)
- 4 egg yolks
- 100 gr – pecorino romano
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- Whip yolks with salt and a teaspoon of parmesan.
- Cut bacon in slices and saute in a sauce pan without oil (in order to melt the fat).
- Boil the spaghetti in salted water.
- Drain pasta and pour in the sauce pan with bacon stir and cook over a medium/high heat for few seconds.
- Add pasta to the yolks (not vice versa – don’t pour yolks in the warm pan) and stir adding the rest of the parmesan and pepper to taste
- Serve immediately.
Enjoy your meal!