“Spaghetti allo scoglio”- Seafood Spaghetti is an Italian first course dish of very fragrant and tasty sea, based on spaghetti and seafood such as molluscs and crustaceans (mussels, clams, squid, shrimp and prawns), it contains the true flavors and aromas of the Mediterranean and is typical of Campania cuisine. Spaghetti with seafood can come in two versions: with or without tomato.
Prep Time: 20 min
Cook Time: 50 min
Total Time: 1h 10 min
- 400 grams of mussels
- 400 grams of clams
- 150 grams of prawns
- 150 grams of scampi
- 150 grams of squid or squid
- 400 grams of spaghetti
- 250 gr cherry tomatoes (optional)
- 1/2 glass of white wine
- 5 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 1 tablespoon of chopped parsley
- chili pepper
- Put the clams in a saucepan, pour half a glass of water, cover with a lid and cook briefly over medium heat until the shells have opened completely.
- Once cold, drain and with the help of a sieve filter the liquid that formed during cooking, leaving out the sandstone deposited on the bottom.
- To prepare the sauce, in a pan pour the oil and fry the garlic and the chili pepper to which you have removed the internal seeds.
- Add the whole scampi, the tails of the prawns and let them brown until they have become a nice golden color.
- Meanwhile, cut the squid into slices and the tentacles into small pieces. Pour into the pan and cook for a few minutes over medium heat.
- At this point add the cleaned mussels and clams, both those with the shell and those without and cover with a lid so as to facilitate the opening of the mussels. Then pour the wine and let it evaporate.
- Add the broth of the clams, remove the garlic and pepper to taste.
- Continue cooking so that the sauce shrinks a little. Season with salt, remembering that the broth of the clams is quite tasty. Once finished cooking add the chopped parsley.
- Meanwhile, cook the spaghetti in salted water, drain when there are still 3-4 minutes left, pour them into the pan, adding a ladle of cooking water, a little oil and finish cooking if necessary. This procedure is used to obtain a thicker and creamier dressing.
Enjoy your meal!