Fried anchovies are a typical dish of the Neapolitan tradition. Anchovies, poor fish, very rich from a nutritional point of view with its Omega 3 content.
Prep Time: 25 min
Cook Time: 10 min
Total Time: 35 min
- 600 gr of fresh anchovies
- 3 whole eggs
- A spoonful of grated pecorino cheese
- 100 gr. made with flour
- A handful of chopped parsley
- Salt and peanut oil for frying.
- Clean the anchovies, deprive them of their heads and their bones;
- Wash the anchovies under cold running water;
- Shell the eggs in a bowl and mix them with the pecorino cheese, salt and parsley. Separately, prepare a dish with flour;
- Bring peanut oil to a large temperature in a large pan and lower the heat when we start frying (anchovies are delicate);
- Now flour the anchovies evenly, on one side and on the other, remove the excess flour and dip them in the beaten egg. Then fry them a few at a time, browning them on both sides;
- Place them quickly on absorbent paper, a pinch of salt and eat them immediately.